What to Wear
This is a question that I am asked frequently and am more than happy to offer advice so you and your family are looking fabulous!
1. Don't wait until the last minute to decide! Trust me - you'll be pulling your hair out in frustration and your entire closet contents will be strewn around your room. Plan in advance - it's worth it! This allows for ample time to shop and try on your outfits.
2. Think coordinating- not matching. You don't all have to wear black shirts and jeans, this can sort of make you appear as one continuous blob with heads. It is ok to mix it up! This includes having some solids and patterns as well. Layering (vest, blazer, etc) is also a way to stand out and show your personality. Don't forget to accessorize! Jewelry, hats, suspenders and bowties are fun!
3. Consider the season and what palates are appropriate. August beach session? Light blues, pinks and whites look great! Sundresses and barefoot are always a win. Fall session at the park? Maroons, deep golden yellows, browns and boots are perfect. Holiday session? Plaids, reds, black and gold are classic.
4. Try to stay away from shirts with text, neon colors and bright sneakers.
5. Newborn session or in studio session? Neutrals (blacks, whites and grays) work best.